You know fall will soon arrive when you start seeing your favorite Halloween candies on the store shelves. And of course candy corn is always a favorite. This party mix is sure to be a hit at any Harvest/Halloween party! It would also be a great gift for teachers. The best part is no baking necessary, and it only takes minutes to make!
With all of these yummy ingredients, this mix is salty, crunchy, sweet and chewy.
Party Mix Ingredients:
- Mini Pretzel Twists
- Original Flavor Bugles
- Honeycomb cereal (optional – we chose not to use these)
- Candy Corn (2 small bags)
- Candy Corn Pumpkins (2 small bags)
- Chex Mix Muddy Buddy
- M&M’s or round Chocolate Candy (I used only green, orange, yellow & brown)
- other options (peanuts, marshmallows, popcorn, fish crackers, cheerios, chocolate chips, dried cranberries)
In a large bowl, mix all of the ingredients. You can use as much or as little of each ingredient as you like. (I chose to leave out the honeycomb cereal because my Kroger was out when I went shopping.)
Thanks to The House of Hendrix for this great recipe!!
Fun facts: Candy corn was first made in the 1880’s by George Renninger of the Wunderle Candy Company. In 1898, his recipe was used by The Goelitz Confectionery Company. They then became the largest producers of candied corn. The product was sold as “Chicken Feed” and marketed it in a red box adorned with a rooster on the front.