There are millions of great ideas on Pinterest using Mason Jars! While”working” on Pinterest …ha ha working? That is what I am going with…while working on Pinterest I ran across a brilliant idea for giving a standard mason jar a spout! A DIY Mason Jar Spout!!! I was so excited thinking of all of the possibilities for this newly found mason jar craft!
What you need for your Mason Jar Spout:
- A Mason Jar with lid ( at least the ring part)
- An empty thing of table salt
- A pen and scissors
How to make your Mason Jar Spout:
- First you need to trace the lid on the top of the salt box (use the flat round part of the lid, not the screw part)
- After you have traced the lid, it is time to cut it out. (I used scissors, but you could use an x acto knife or something like that.)
- After your salt spout lid is cut out, you just simply place it on the top of your mason jar and screw the lid on!
What I thought:
Well, I have to say that this was just about the easiest pin that I have ever tested! It was easy to make, and I had everything in my house to make it!
What I love about it:
I LOVE that you can use this mason jar to hold anything that you can pour! (that isn’t wet LOL) I am using mine to hold sugar! I am a hard core coffee drinker, and what is a good cup of joe without cream and sugar? I am also going to make on for my creamer, just as soon as a use the rest of my new box of salt! I also think that I am going to cut a piece of card stock to fit over the salt spout part, so I can have a custom color/design on my mason jar!
If you do not want to put salt or sugar in your mason jar, you could use it for almost anything! Like…
- Powdered Creamer
- Grits or Cream of wheat
- Baking soda (Great if you use it for cleaning)
- Herbs and Spices
- Powdered Dishwasher soap
- Powdered Laundry soap
***Just be sure to label what you put in your mason jar…that way you don’t add grits to your coffee! LOL
Thank you “The Craft Patch” For this brilliant idea!