Do it yourself Shaving Lotion was always a pin that I wanted to try, but my dear old Mother beat me to it. (So I stole her pictures, don’t judge me) She was kind enough to not stop me from stealing some of her shaving lotion to try for myself! I wanted to put this to a true test, so I shaved one of my legs with my (mother’s) shaving lotion and the other leg with my normal shaving cream. (I normally use Skintimate)
The Pros and Cons Of DIY Shaving Lotion:
- The DIY leg is much softer and has noticeably less stubble (Closer shave)
- You can choose your own scent
- Good for sensitive skin (More control of what is in it)
- Easy to use
- Easy to make
- Basic household ingredients
- It was a little watery
- Not having a dispenser on hand
- Dishes (I hate doing the dishes)
Pin Tested, Husband Approved!
Update on the DIY Shaving lotion:
We have had lots of questions about how to make this shaving lotion thicker. I think that you can make this shaving lotion thicker by using a little less baby oil and maybe using a creamier, thicker lotion. We have had a ton of great ideas listed by readers in the comments below. If you have tested this pin with different ingredients and had better or “thicker” results please feel free to share your experience below.