I have to admit, when I saw a DIY recipe on Pinterest for “STREAK FREE” Glass Cleaner (aka Windex) I was skeptical. Not because it is streak free, mostly because every homemade version of glass cleaner I have ever seen has vinegar in it and this one did not. I myself am not a huge fan of the smell of vinegar, so this excited me. I was even more elated when I found that I already had everything at home needed to make it! So I decided I would give this Pin a whirl.
I know you are amazed by my artistic ability on the bottle! Don’t hate! 🙂
What you need:
- 1 ounce of White Ammonia (Be careful, it is strong smelling stuff!)
- 4 ounces of Rubbing Alcohol
- 1 Drop of Laundry Soap (I used my homemade version…recipe to come)
How you do it:
- First you need to find a squirt bottle, I used my empty glass cleaner bottle.
- Next, you add the Ammonia, Alcohol, and Laundry Soap to your bottle. (Note: a funnel makes it a lot easier…Don’t ask)
- Fill the rest of your bottle with water. Put your lid on and mix it up.You can add a few drops of blue food coloring if you want it to resemble windex more (since it’s mostly WATER), but there’s truly no need.
I think that this may be one of my favorite pins! It was very easy to make, and took about 30 seconds to do. It is streak free, just like we like it. I actually think I like this more than windex! After I made it I went around my house cleaning every window and glass surface I could find. I even went to a friends house to clean her windows! Not
to mention that it definitely is better for your wallet than the store bought kind.