My family has been making
cinnamon Christmas ornaments for years, even as I child I remember rolling them out and cutting them with a cookie cutter! I have to say that Homemade Cinnamon Dough Christmas Ornaments are my favorite. They just smell like Christmas to me. I have seen tons of recipes for Homemade Cinnamon Dough Christmas Ornaments on Pinterest, but I thought that I would share the one that my family and I have been using since I was little.
What you Need:
- Apple Sauce
How to make your Homemade Cinnamon Dough Christmas Ornaments:
- Measure out equal parts of your Cinnamon and Apple Sauce ( I used one cup of each)
- Mix them together until it forms kind of like a cookie dough.
- Roll it out… You can use extra cinnamon to sprinkle on the table and on your rolling pin while rolling it out. This prevents it from sticking.
- Cut it with cookie cutters just the same as you would cookies.
- Let Air Dry for 2-4 days (maybe more depending on your climate)
- Add a string or ribbon and Hang on your tree!!!
First of all I LOVE these ornaments! They are very versatile. You can roll and mold them to look like almost anything. I also LOVE the way that they smell, my house has smelled like these Homemade Cinnamon Dough Christmas Ornaments for days!!!! As they are warmed by the lights of your tree the smell of cinnamon will fill your home again!
I have some ornaments that I have had for years. Another good thing about these ornaments is…They are kid safe! There is no glue, glitter, glass, or anything that could be swallowed and harm your child (or pet). All in all they are a great addition to your Christmas tree!
One last thing…To get perfect holes in your dough…use a straw!! It makes a perfect circle!!! Just be sure to do it before the ornaments are dry.