What better way is there to warm you up on a cold and blustery day than with a cup of homemade hot chocolate? I for one, LOVE chocolate! The only thing better than eating it, is drinking it! I thought since the weather is getting colder, I would share the homemade hot chocolate recipe that I have been making for a few years now. It is not one that I found on Pinterest, but it is a great and easy hot chocolate recipe for one!
What you need for your Homemade Hot Chocolate:
- 1 Tablespoon of cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar
- 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 cup of milk (or 2 cups if you like your homemade hot chocolate a little less chocolatey. I use 2 cups when I make it for my kids! )
- a few drops of vanilla (if desired)
How to make it:
- Combine your cocoa powder, sugar, and water in a small saucepan.
- Heat your cocoa mixture on low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent it from sticking to the pan or burning.
- After 1 to 2 minutes (or when your sugar is dissolved) Add your milk and vanilla.
- Mix together and heat to your desired temperature.
- Drink and enjoy!
You can also add:
Marshmallows, Marshmallow cream, whipped cream, a touch of cinnamon or the topping of your choice… Like SPRINKLES!!!!!!
Well, I am kind of partial to this homemade hot chocolate recipe. It is super creamy and very chocolatey! My kids love it! They even like the watered down version with an extra cup of milk in it! It is also a great alternative to the boxed mixes. I mean…who knows what is in those things? It is super easy to make and almost everyone has the ingredients in their home to make it! I don’t care if it has snowed outside or not…it isn’t truly winter in our house until we have gone outside, gotten chilled to the bone, and
came into the house for a nice cup of homemade hot chocolate!