I went to a local farmers market a few days ago and found a very great deal on some Peaches!!!! Needless to say, I knew that I would be testing more than one recipe that used Peaches! After searching quite a few pins I decided that the first recipe that I would try was a Homemade Peach Cobbler!!! YUMMMMMMM
Peach Cobbler is made up of the peach filling and the top crust…
*Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Filling Ingredients for the Homemade Peach Cobbler:
- 4 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches –(about 8 or 9 peaches, depending on size)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon flour
*After the filling is mixed pour it into a sprayed baking dish, and Bake for 10 minutes.
*While the peach mixture is baking…mix the topping/crust…
Ingredients for the Homemade Peach Cobbler Crust:
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (cut into small pieces)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, for topping…being me, I forgot this step!
- whipped cream or ice cream for serving (optional)
*Combine all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar) for cobbler crust in a bowl
* While the peaches are cooking, cut the butter into dry ingredients until it makes the texture like coarse crumbs, then add your buttermilk until it forms a soft dough.
*Remove the peach mixture from oven and drop rounded spoonfuls of dough on top…next would be the part where you sprinkle the top of your cobbler with the remaining tablespoon of brown sugar…but I forgot to do that! LOL
Even with me forgetting to add the brown sugar to the top of this Homemade Peach Cobbler, it was delicious!
To bad my kids are picky and wont eat it! wink wink
Thank you Mocita Beaucop for this wonderfully delicious recipe!!!
Pin Proved It