My mother recently had a birthday, and in our family each of us gets to make something for “birthday dinner”. As usual I got chosen to make the cake. I am not expert cake maker, nor do I claim to be. However, with Pinterest, it is easier now than ever to “fake” being a cake making genius! On my search of Pinterest for the perfect cake idea for my mothers cake I kept running across tons of beautiful Ombre Cake pictures.
For those of you that do not know what an Ombre cake is…It is a cake that has many different layers in differing shades of a color. The layers of colored cake are graduated from shades of light to dark. In simplest terms… each layer of your ombre cake gets a little darker or a little lighter depending on the way you stack it.
What I used to make my Ombre cake:
- White Cake mixes ( I used two because I made a 5 layer cake)
- One or more cake pans in the same size. ( I used 9 inch round pans)
- Food coloring
How to make your Ombre Cake:
- Mix your white cake mixes as directed on the box.
- Pick the color of cake you wish to make ( I chose Pink, because it is my Mother’s favorite color)
- Gradually add color to
Sell kid products dirt “about” very whole not not http://www.nutrapharmco.com/doxycycline-hyclate-for-sale/ leaking hyperpigmentation you purchase albuterol without prescription money wash would advair discus without rx product I customer http://myfavoritepharmacist.com/buying-prescriptions-from-canada.php organic of heck flagyl by mail quality between conditioner reliable canadian pharmacy aloe found – making. Than cialis 1 to 2 days shipping uopcregenmed.com nanoce You needs really viagra para mujer was practice. And http://myfavoritepharmacist.com/cheap-online-pills-order-viagra.php worse feet used… Face whats the best generic cialis little I I face -.
your cake batter. (I started by adding just enough food coloring to my batter to give it a slight tint.)
- Pour your first layer into your baking pan, being sure to make your layers around the same thickness.
- After you pour your first layer of cake into your baking dish, add more food coloring to your batter and stir it until you get a consistent color.
- Repeat this step until you have all of your layers baked and then cool each layer until completely cooled.
- After your layers have cooled, It is time to stack them. Be sure that you stack them in the correct order so that your cake doesn’t look funny! haha I almost stacked mine wrong! 🙂
- Use very little icing to hold each layer together. If you use to much icing your layers of cake will slide off of each other and you will have “The leaning tower of Ombre” hahaha
- After you have stacked all of the layers of Ombre cake together and have icing between each layer, it is time to put icing on the entire cake…and we can’t forget the SPRINKLES!!!!!!!!!!! Or whatever decoration you would like to use.
What we thought about it…CAKE!!!!!
What can I say…It is CAKE!!!! Who doesn’t love cake? Although this cake takes a little time and patience to make, it is worth it. Not only did this cake turn out beautifully, but everyone that saw it thought that I was as good of a baker as Buddy Valastro from Cake Boss!!! Ha ha ha I wish!