Pinterest is packed full of nail painting tips and ideas. All of the professional pictures pinning around Pinterest makes me sick! I could never, in a million years, imagine being able to paint my nails as perfectly and beautiful as the professionals. It is not as easy as it appears!!! But I have learned through a friend how to get the Pinterest quality nails without the nail polish!!
An online friend of mine is a rep for a company called Jamberry nails. She sells vinyl stickers you can place on your nails that provide a water-tight seal and chip-resistant nail coverings. They are meant to last up to 2 weeks and each sheet will provide at least 3 applications! However, perfection does not come easy– but at least it’s possible! The instructions to apply the Jamberry Nails must be followed to a T and still a few people have had troubles getting the nails to stay put and remain sealed on the edges. However, Jamberry has application videos on YouTube that provide extra tips for those with trouble-making nails.
Pros of Jamberry Nail Vinyl Covers
- Jamberry nails are made of vinyl and therefore do not chip like paint!
- They have dozens of creative patterns you could only dream up.
- Each sheet will provide at least 3 uses (probably more if you use leftovers like I did).
- Expected to last 2 weeks.
- No drying time (great when using on kids!).
- They have a Juniors line for petite nails.
- Would be GREAT for Mother/Daughter bonding, slumber parties or Teenage Gifts!
Cons of Jamberry Nail Vinyl Covers
- Difficult to apply (until you get the hang of it).
- At $15 a sheet, it can be pricey.
- It can be hard to get a perfect fit and so the edges of your nails may have a gap.
- Follow the instructions.
- Be sure to clean your nails completely.
- Try using tweezers to hold the sticker while warming.
- Using a cuticle pusher to press down the edges will help them seal.
- Be sure to file away all excess pieces. Any little extra flapped over will snag.
- Apply extra heat.
- It is better to be too small than too big or it won’t seal. (hint: vinyl stretches if you need to stretch slightly to fit)
Jamberry Nails Verdict
I really like these! They are a little pricey for me so I won’t be using them on a regular basis. However, my daughters and I had so much fun with them that we are going to purchase a few more sets and just as my luck may have it Jamberry nails is celebrating Cyber Monday with hefty price reductions and free shipping!! I would say that overall- this is a…
Thank you Miranda Reed for providing a sample sheet for me and my daughters to try out! We have had a great time and absolutely love our nails!