Peeps Rice Krispie Treats are colorful and festive and taste delicious! They are the perfect Easter dessert.
These might look difficult to make, but they are super easy.
Spring is officially here and that means Easter is coming! I don’t know about you, but when I think of Easter, there is one candy that stands out among the rest, and that is Peeps!!! They come in so many fun colors.This year, I even saw a mystery flavor version.
You can pick from an assortment of colors and flavors that are available at most supermarkets. I chose 5 different colors. This ended up being a little too much, because my dish wasn’t deep enough. So, I improvised and split my layers into two pans and then later stacked them together.
- Butter/Margarine (1 TBSP for each package of Peeps)
- Marshmallow Peeps (I used 5 packages with 10 Peeps in each pack)
- Rice Krispie Cereal (1 ½ cups per Layer)
- First, you want to line an 8-9” loaf pan with aluminum foil and then spray it lightly with cooking spray.
- Choose a color of Peeps for your layer.
- Place 10 peeps and 1 tbsp butter into a microwave safe bowl. (be sure to choose a bowl with high sides so that your peeps do not overflow as they swell)
- Place your bowl into the microwave on high for around 45 seconds. This time may vary depending on your microwave. Keep an eye on it so that your mixture doesn’t overflow.
- Stir the Peeps and butter together until they are completely mixed together.
- Add 1 ½ cups of crispy rice cereal until it is completely coated.
- Press the mixture firmly into your pan.
- Repeat steps 3-7 with all of your Peep colors.
- Let cool thoroughly (1-2 hrs.) before slicing.
You can get creative with this dessert. We decided to use cake pop sticks to make this more fun for kids to eat. After the Treats were cooled I trimmed the edges to give it a more finished look. I next cut the treats into slices and pushed the sticks into the center. They turned out to be such a cute idea and the kids loved them!
This test was Inspired by: http://www.yellowblissroad.com/layered-peeps/
Thank you for your creative Easter Treat idea!!