Personally, I love the scent of Downy Unstopables. They leave your clothes smelling fresh for weeks! This however is not a post on how wonderful Downy Unstopables are or how well they work on your clothes. This is a post about using Downy Unstopables in your wax/tart warmer to give your home that fresh laundry smell. I know some of you may be wondering what would possess someone to place these heaven scented pellets in a wax warmer, well… a few of the ladies that I work with (on my work at home job) told me about how they had seen this pin on Pinterest.(shout out…Thanks Stina and Tracey) They, knowing that I also test Pinterest pins, asked me if I would take a stab at this “Unstoppable” wax warmer pin. Loving that Clean laundry smell, I had to test it!!!!
What you need to give your home that Clean Laundry Smell:
- A wax or tart warmer (I am using one I got at our Local Wal-Mart for around $10-$15…I can’t remember how much I paid for it?? LOL)
- Downy Unstopables ( I used the one in the blue bottle, but you can use whichever is your favorite)
- Electricity and a working outlet (hahahaha I threw that one in for anyone that may not be as smart as the rest of us) 🙂
How it works:
First you place some of your Downy Unstopables pellets in your wax/tart warmer. You don’t need a ton of them…trust me! A little goes a long way. Then simply turn on your wax warmer (after it is plugged into your working outlet with electricity. LOL) and Presto….Clean Laundry smell!!!
I know what some of you may be thinking…
- Won’t it catch on fire?
- Downy Unstopables are not meant to be used in a wax warmer.
- What about all the chemicals that could be released in the air?
I had all of these thoughts also, that is one of the reasons that I didn’t test this pinterest pin sooner. (I had to work up the nerve and talking to Tracey and Stina really helped me make up my mind. 🙂 )
After some thought and a ton of google searches…
- I figured that if the Unstopables caught on fire in a wax warmer that I would have surely found it somewhere on google.
- Lots of people (and tons of people on Pinterest) use things for reasons that were not intended for their original purpose.
- And about the chemicals that they could release into the air… I figure that if it is safe enough to breath while I am in my clothes then it is safe for the warmer…also if someone had died from huffing Downy fumes I would have again… found it on a lengthy Google search.
So I know you are wondering if this Pinterest pin works….
Does my house have that Clean Laundry Smell?
This Pin worked perfectly. My house smells AMAZING!!!!!! I personally love this idea. The Unstopables have been in my wax warmer for over a week and are still smelling great!( With the traditional wax cubes or tarts I find that the scent doesn’t last near as long.) The scent is not an overwhelming smell, just enough to make my husband come home from work and “think” I have been busy doing laundry all day! (BWAHAHAHA Like that ever happens)
Here are a few of the websites I looked at for this Idea…
Disclaimer: I hate to even think about having to put a disclaimer on this post, but after seeing some of the rather harsh comments on other sites with this same idea, I feel I must. We are only testing this pin and reporting our results. If you do not feel this is safe to do in your home or around your family please do not do it.